Sociologist. Researcher in digital technologies
Jacopo Anderlini (PhD) is a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Education Studies at the University of Genoa. His main research interests are border studies, refugee studies, migration, critical theory on technologies, social and political philosophy. His work mixes qualitative methods and ethnography – with both multi-sited and digital fieldwork – and critical theoretical reflection. He is currently investigating the transformations of the government of mobility, its infrastructures and logistics, at the southern borders of Europe. He is part of the international academic network on critical migration and border studies Kritnet, of the international academic network at the crossroads between Science and Technology Studies and Critical Migration STS-MIGTEC and is co-founder of the research group on the analysis of digital technologies CIRCE.
• Anderlini, Jacopo. 2020. ‘Einführung’. In Die Situation von Migrant*innen in Sizilien, Borderline Europe, 4–6. Borderline Europe – Menschenrechte ohne Grenzen e.V., Berlin.
• Anderlini, Jacopo. 2020. ‘Border Troubles: Medical Expertise in the Hotspots’. In Migration, Borders and Citizenship: Between Policy and Public Spheres, edited by Maurizio Ambrosini, Manlio Cinalli, and David Jacobson, 141–61. Migration, Diasporas and Citizenship. Cham: Springer International Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22157-7_7.
• Anderlini, Jacopo. 2020. ‘Intorno All’hotspot. Spazialità e Temporalità Di Un Dispositivo Confinario’. In Confini, Mobilità e Migrazioni. Una Cartografia Dello Spazio Europeo, edited by Lorenzo Navone, 101–26. Milano: Agenzia X.
• Anderlini, Jacopo. 2018. ‘Cura e Controllo al Confine: Scritturazioni e Pratiche Del Sapere Medico Negli Hotspot’. MONDI MIGRANTI, no. 2 (September): 61–80. https://doi.org/10.3280/MM2018-002004.
• Anderlini, Jacopo. 2018. ‘Hackit 98’. Zapruder. Storie in movimento, no. 45 (April): 74–83.